WAB Attribute Actions - Coordinates not saving

09-27-2022 12:27 PM
luckachi
Occasional Contributor II

I have attribute actions set for two fields in my layer for latitude and longitude but it seems like the coordinates that get displayed in the Smart Editor widget are not actually getting saved to the table?

luckachi_0-1664306618844.png

luckachi_1-1664306647517.png

luckachi_2-1664306690066.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @luckachi , please can you confirm if the value was written into the field if you click a feature you have created with smart editor?
Steps:

1. Create a new feature for the layer that has the coordinate attribute action configured.

2. Save the feature

3. Click the new feature again and verify if the value is in the field.

Note: make sure the field is set to editable for that layer, in the widget settings.

0 Kudos
luckachi

Hi @AlixVezina - I just tested it myself and it worked fine. I have them set to not editable in the Smart Editor widget, just so the users cannot modify the coordinates.

This is available on Field Maps so it's possible that a majority of these records came in through the app but I guess this brings up another question. This is for a points layer with the additional GPS attributes added. Is there a way to tell which records came in via Field Maps and which came through the web application? I assumed it would be the records that have "User defined" for the Position Source Type seeing that all of the additional GPS information is missing but it looked like a few have mobile devices listed under Receiver name.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@luckachi 

I just tested it myself and it worked fine. I have them set to not editable in the Smart Editor widget, just so the users cannot modify the coordinates.

That is correct, apologies I confused with another widget.

Is there a way to tell which records came in via Field Maps and which came through the web application?

Perhaps you could have a preset attribute action set for the "Position Source Type" field and have it set to User defined or another value of your choice that would indicate this was created using the web app. Some users also add a new separate field for that purpose to their database to record that information in the same way.

0 Kudos
luckachi

@AlixVezina it doesn't look like I can add presets to the individual fields, it seems to be greyed out, even when I enable editing and make the field visible.

luckachi_0-1664393287918.png

Also, when I go through the main attribute actions tab, it looks like I can only add presets to visible fields? I don't particularly want to display ESRIGNSS fields.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@luckachi Please configure presets and other attribute actions from the Attribute Actions tab instead of the layer settings.

AlixVezina_0-1664839234671.png

Fields need to be visible to be editable, this is how Smart Editor works right now... but you can at least hide the Preset from the main widget pane.

AlixVezina_1-1664839329509.png

0 Kudos