Using Arcade expression in popup stops field lists from showing

09-30-2022 02:01 AM
Labels (1)
Oliver_Burdekin
Occasional Contributor II

I've created an expression to use in a popup. In my webmap this works fine (Map Viewer). I can use the expression as one block in my popup and field lists as another.

If I convert this webmap to a webapp the title and exrpession sections of the popup will show but the field list disappears. It does not matter what order I set the content blocks to, nor the complexity of the expression (tested with $feature["myFeature"] as well as complex feature sets returning templates).

Is this either / or behaviour expected for webapp builder popups?

I'm using wabVersion 2.25. Using configurable apps the popups show everything but the functionality for the rest of the app I require is not available in configurable apps.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Oliver_Burdekin , I've run into the same issue in the past.  I think this is (yet another) piece of functionality that works in the new map viewer, but doesn't work in Web App Builder apps. 

Web App Builder cannot use several additional features of the new map viewer (such as layer groupings, advanced symbology, etc.).  I understand that WAB uses the 3.X version of the JS API, and the new map builder 4.X, so as far as I know there are no plans to resolve this (although it would be fantastic if there were!)

Sorry, hope someone else has something more constructive to offer help-wise!

Helen

Oliver_Burdekin
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Helen,

It seems one way to test this is to view the layer in question in Classic Map Viewer. The popup behaviour is either/or there too. You can access expressions through the "Display: A list of field attributes" and create the pop up that way or, alternatively create expressions for every attribute you'd like to display.

Digging further into this it seems the "multiple components"  available in Map Viewer pop ups is at the crux of it. So you can have one text box, or one field list etc. A workaround is to create one text box inlcuding all your expressions. 

New tools without backwards compatibility / equivalent functionality. 🤔   

0 Kudos
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Yup, I suspect that the multiple component pop-up box would be viewable in Experience Builder, but not in WAB.  I think your suggested workaround is probably the best bet for this one.   Good luck!

0 Kudos
GeraldLee_
New Contributor III
I believe once you consume the webmap into web app builder , the web app
builder is using 3x API. Arcade expressions work better in experience
builder applications using the 4x api
0 Kudos