Updating Map without reconfiguring widgets

Jump to solution
09-16-2021 09:30 AM
Labels (1)
AdamArcichowski
New Contributor II

Does anyone have a decent work flow for updating their WAB map without having to reconfiguring the widgets each time. 

Each time we release a new version (new features) of WAB we copy the map and use that new map in the copied version of the WAB. However, when we do we have a fair amount of widgets that need to be re-configed each time for the new map. 

Is there a workflow to avoid this?   

I understand some of the widgets don't need to be reconfigured however those like "query", "Near Me" widget need to be reconfigured. 

I tried to download the app and looked into the widgets config and could not see how to change the settings so the widget can read the web map.

AdamArcichowski_0-1631809770042.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@AdamArcichowski you could use AGOL Assistant to replace the map in the web app via the JSON for the web app? If the maps are identical apart from the layers, you might not need to change much in the code, but it might be quicker to just configure the widgets.

David
..Maps with no limits..

View solution in original post

3 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@AdamArcichowski you could use AGOL Assistant to replace the map in the web app via the JSON for the web app? If the maps are identical apart from the layers, you might not need to change much in the code, but it might be quicker to just configure the widgets.

David
..Maps with no limits..
AdamArcichowski
New Contributor II

Nice! thanks @David_Brooks 

0 Kudos
ChrisD
by
New Contributor III

I think you can also use the Update Data option in ArcGIS Online on the dataset page for whatever layers you need to update.

ChrisD_0-1632425315667.png

0 Kudos