Several basemaps in a one app

03-16-2016 12:38 PM
LianaSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Is there any tool that will allow to compare 2 basemaps? I need to compare 2 Arial imageries (they could be layers as well). Swipe tool overlaps layers, so I can only see 1 layer at the time, but what I need is basically divide a map into 2 parts with different basemaps.. Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

There is nothing available for that use case.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I wonder if there is a way to modify Larry Stout 's code Swipe Plus Widget Version 1.1.3 April 11, 2015
although I don't think it is meant to be used with basemaps and/or cache tiles?  I bow to your judgement since you are much more knowledgeable about things like that than I am.

Diana, fyi, if you have since it already, many/most of the custom widgets can usually be found Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List

LianaSmith

Robert, I was thinking that I can use the swipe tool, but is it possible to modify the code or whatever so it allows me to change the layers that I swipe? Now I must Select the layer I want to swipe by default, but I do not need the default one. For example, some customers will want to compare 2008 and 2009 imagery and others 2014 and 2015..

Thank you for your help!!!!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

The closest thing available is the eBasemap Gallery Widget. It allows you to select two base maps to fade between (notice fade not swipe).

Enhanced Basemap Gallery Widget 1.3 - 12/14/2015

Swiping a maps layers is VERY different from swiping the maps basemap as a map can only have one basemap at a time. I get past this in my widget by making a hybrid basemap containing the two selected basemaps and fading between them.

LarryStout1
New Contributor II

I was about 75% finished with a new widget last June.  It's called Side by Side Overview Map.  The overview map can be resized to fill the right half of the screen and the basemap can be different that the main map.  Don't know if I'll ever have time to finish it now, but what I have done is available to any brave developer who wants it.

LianaSmith

Hi Larry, your Swipe Plus widget works perfect for me for this project. The only thing I wanted to ask you is there any possibility to  Select the layer I want to appear only to the RIGHT of the swipe bar. The widget settings only ask about LEFT side.

I need it in order to allow customer to choose from aerial photography's of different years. So they can compare 2013 and 2014, or 2015 and 1998..

Thank you very much in advance!!!!!!

0 Kudos