Filter Widget WAB for Enterprise 10.9.1 Not Honoring Timezone

11-22-2022 08:31 AM
Labels (1)
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

I publish one layer and use the layer in several applications, dashboards/webapps.  I have an issue where I am trying to filter events within a web application using the Filter widgets where the filter needs to be within a date range.  Using SQL Management Studio, I am able to query a certain date range and retrieve results, 47 for discussion.  Using the dashboard, if I select the date, I retrieve the same number of results, 47.  If I use the filter widget in a separate application, get back 49 results, with some of the results trickling into the next day.  I've tried publishing with offsets to the time, but that just messes up the actual incident time, giving bad data.

It appears this issue was solved in ArcGIS Online BUG-000123859 "In Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, the Group Filter widget filters off of UTC time and not local timezones." but I can't seem to find a workaround in WAB on Enterprise.

Any information regarding this issue is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @WalidAlmasri1 ,

Please, would you be able to test this out with your same service in an application created with ArcGIS Online to verify if you are still seeing the issue there?

ArcGIS Online has the latest code with the fix and that will help us validate if the issue you are encountering was also fixed with BUG-000123859. Thank you!

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

@AlixVezina - thank you for the response.  I just uploaded the layer to AGOL and got the correct results.  Enterprise is giving incorrect information.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@WalidAlmasri1 thank you for checking!

In this case I believe the best option available to you is to download the latest edition of ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | ArcGIS Developers, to get the latest version of this widget and use it as a custom widget in your Portal: Add custom widgets—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

@AlixVezina - I installed WAB locally on my machine, brought in the web map into a new empty app and reconfigured the filter widget.  It is still displaying incorrect results unfortunately.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @WalidAlmasri1 ,

Apologies, I thought you were working with the Group Filter widget. A similar fix was implemented in the Group Filter widget and is available in Web AppBuilder developer 2.25.

If I am not mistaken, the fix for the Filter widget was implemented in the latest release and will be available in Web AppBuilder developer 2.26. WAB 2.26 should be available soon this December.

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

@AlixVezina okay, thanks.  I'll look out for 2.26.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@WalidAlmasri1 

2.26 is now available ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | ArcGIS Developers 

Please let me know if you still encounter this issue. 

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

@AlixVezina it appears the change that was made flipped the data being selected.  Before when I searched for something that occurred between the dates of 11/1/2022 and 11/1/2022 it would pick several some from 11/2/2022, now with WAB 2.26 it selects the same number of records but includes records from 10/31/2022. instead of 11/2/2022.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@WalidAlmasri1 , thank you for letting me know, I'll bring this up to the development team now.