Allowing Editing in Popup

Jump to solution
09-21-2021 11:43 AM
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I built a WebApp Builder app for the purpose of viewing and editing some point and polygon data.

However, similar to this thread - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/making-a-simple-webmap-app-where-the-public-ca... - I am unable to have the editor displayed in the popup.

Users can use the 'Edit' widget tool to edit fields or point/polygon location - but are unable to get the feature editable from the pop-up. These are the only options available from pop-up

Henry_0-1632249720536.png

And I can't seem to find the relevant settings for 'Display Editor' or 'Add Toolbar to Editor' as shown in the above forum link. any help on finding the location for this would be greatly appreciated!

Henry
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Henry 
The option to open the Edit widget from the pop-up will only be available if the feature you have clicked comes from a layer which

• has editing allowed from layer item settings or at the service level,
  • it also needs to allow editing form the settings in the web map (click more options ... for the layer and then Enable editing)
  • and then you may need to set the layer as editable in the Edit widget configuration, depending on what were your web map settings.

See example below.

AlixVezina_0-1632265252899.png

AlixVezina_1-1632265355358.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

So web app builder doesn't allow for users to edit from a popup. Instead it is referred to either using the batch attribute widget or the simple editor widget. I believe, based on the video, that the app used was either an older application that Esri designed or it is something that was custom made. So you could try going the custom route if you wish to have something similar, otherwise I do not think that there is anything currently that will allow for that.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Henry 
The option to open the Edit widget from the pop-up will only be available if the feature you have clicked comes from a layer which

• has editing allowed from layer item settings or at the service level,
  • it also needs to allow editing form the settings in the web map (click more options ... for the layer and then Enable editing)
  • and then you may need to set the layer as editable in the Edit widget configuration, depending on what were your web map settings.

See example below.

AlixVezina_0-1632265252899.png

AlixVezina_1-1632265355358.png

Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Alix,

Thanks for the recommendations. I went through all those options and it was the Editable Layer settings for the widget.

Initially, I had the "Honor settings in the web map" selection checked. Switching to the "Custom settings" configuration and selecting those layers I wanted editable did the trick, the Edit option reappeared in the popup.

Thanks!

Henry