flexviewer popup date one day off for related table

06-21-2017 04:43 PM
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I know Flexviewer is "old", but we are still using it.

I am aware of the UTC setting:

<format dateformat="shortDate" useutc="true"/>

and this seems to work fine for the original popup data, but, the related records are still removing a day from the date.

Has anyone figured out a way to have the related table date format honor the popup config file format or am I stuck with showing two different dates for that same field?

The data in the feature class and the related table both have 1/13/2016 in this field.

Thanks for any help,

R_

0 Kudos
30 Replies
MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rhett,

Were you ever able to find a solution for this?  I also still use the Flex viewer and noticed the same -1 day issue with the popup date fields in my related records.

I did a little testing and found that the -1 day issue also happens when I view the same related records via an arcgis.com web map popup.  Leading me to believe it's not unique to Flex.  As of now, I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Matthew:

Since this occurs in arcgis.com webmap popup maybe you can create an Idea that would allow related data to display the correct date.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Matt,

Nope.  I just learned to live with it.

Sorry, can't help.

R_

0 Kudos
MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor

I figured out what's going on.  For my case, the problem lied within the map service that I was publishing, not the application consuming the map service.  Here's how I fixed things.  Hopefully it works for anyone else.

After more searching, I found this posting  https://community.esri.com/thread/163168  which spoke about how to utilize date fields when using a feature service.  I'm not using a feature service, but figured I'd try it.  

In ArcMap, I have a feature class related to a table which has been added into ArcMap as a table.  I think that is key, that the table exists in ArcMap, because you can edit the properties of the table.  

In the Time tab of the related table, I used one date field.  Other than setting the Time Field and Time Zone, everything else is default:

Related table time properties

I republished the map services, checked both the Flex and ArcGIS online viewers and found that the related popup dates were correct.

Matt

RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Would have never thought to enable time in a non-time enabled mxd.

However, this fixed it for me.

Thanks for the pointer,

R_

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Rhett and Matthew:

Are either of you still running FlexViewer apps?  If so, what version of AGS services are you using in your apps?  I ask because I am upgrading to AGS 10.7 and I am having issues setting up the FlexViewer apps on Windows 2016 Server servers. The FlexViewer app has been working fine on Windows 2012 R2 Server servers for about 2 years using AGS 10.5.1.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Yes, am still using the FlexViewer.  Been working well.

However, I consume both 10.2.1 and 10.4 AGS services, but both are running on Server 2012 R2.

We are stuck on the Utilities & Telecom versions of Desktop, so this spring we are "upgrading" to 10.6.1, and plan to continue using the FlexViewer for a while longer.

Hopefully you haven't ran into an issue with Flex and services from newer SQL server, and you get it figure out.

Also, would it be possible to update this thread as to what you find as I will be facing this soon?

Thanks,

R_

0 Kudos
MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor

I'm also still running numerous Flex Viewer sites, haven't ran into any issues.  We’re currently using AGS 10.5.1 and 10.5.1 GeoDatabases running on SQL Server 13.0.4206.0. The AGS server is running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. 

Matt

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do either of you think that FlexViewers will still be in use at your org when you upgrade to ArcGIS 10.7 as that is my current upgrade path that I am having issues with?

0 Kudos