Inconsistent trace results

Jump to solution
11-23-2022 06:53 AM
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

I experience inexplicable and inconsistent downstream trace results. I have really tried myself understanding what is going on - I do not get it though. 

From a high voltage substation (HV/MV) I set a trace start flag on the secondary winding on one of the transformers and request a downstream trace - se screen dump below:

JensDalsgaard1_0-1669214157640.png

As the trace is set to continue into low voltage (target tier), of course I would expect the trace to do so. In the below screen dump, you see that it does not continue into the low voltage mesh (blue lines):

JensDalsgaard1_2-1669214325429.png

And zooming into a medium voltage substation (MV/LV) it is clear that the trace stops at the MV/LV transformer - se screen shot below:

JensDalsgaard1_3-1669214658562.png

Really strange, cause I have successfully run an update subnetworks on the low voltage mesh, so I know that the trace from this transformer and downstream should work.

Now, moving the trace start point (from the HV/MV transformer secondary) to just outside this substation and running the exact same trace I reach this inconsistent result that you see below - the trace continuing through the MV/LV transformer and into the low voltage mesh as configured in the GP:

JensDalsgaard1_4-1669214777307.png

Enlighten me please, Esri (or someone else). I cannot see me doing anything wrong here - I might though. Or UN might have a bug? 

One thing is for sure - you have a puzzled user.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Jens,

This appears to be BUG-000148077 - Downstream trace does not traverse all adjacent subnetworks across tiers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

Are you using the asset pack made by esri electric foundation?

Can you add a screenshot of the all tier and terminal configuration?

0 Kudos
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

We're using the UNC data model from the Utility Network Community. John Alsup / Mike Miller know it. 

I will send information about tiers and terminals tomorrow.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
volue.com
0 Kudos
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

Please find the requested information enclosed.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
volue.com
0 Kudos
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

By the way - allow me to mention that performing a similar downstream trace from the HV/MV transformer in a migration from a different source using the exact same asset package template the trace propagates nicely into the low voltage mesh.

JensDalsgaard1_1-1669270810309.png

Hence, I doubt it has anything to do with the schema / data model configuration.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
volue.com
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Jens,

This appears to be BUG-000148077 - Downstream trace does not traverse all adjacent subnetworks across tiers.

0 Kudos
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

OK, thanks for the feedback, Mike.

Where may I read more on this bug, and what is the priority / time-frame on fixing it?

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
volue.com
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

It does not appear this bug is exported to the our web system.  Best option would be to log a support incident and get yourself added to this issue.  The more users affected increases it priority. 

0 Kudos
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

Will do so through the Elvia Premium Support (as it is related to / documented on Elvia UN data).

Thanks for feedback, Mike.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
volue.com
0 Kudos
emin-saka
New Contributor II

Hi, @Jens_Dalsgaard 

I got the good news from the esri UN team. This bug (BUG-000148077) will be fixed in the next version 3.2

Thanks  for your concern and support,   @Remi_Myers 

BUG-000148077_fixed.png