In the UN, can attribute domains be used across multiple fields in a utility domain, and can they be used across multiple utility domains?

Jump to solution
11-16-2021 07:59 AM
CherylTrine
Occasional Contributor II

In my old utility database which we are planning to migrate to the utility network, I have a domain called AssetOwner.  This domain is used for multiple fields within one feature class, used for several different feature classes in multiple utilities, and also used for non-utility feature classes all in the same geodatabase.  I notice in the 10.9 UN Water  model, there are both an Asset_Manager  and an Asset_Owner domain which contain the same values.  I presume there are similar domains in the other UN utility models.

Once we have migrated to the UN, we will have multiple utility domains (water, sewer, telecom, etc).  Can a single attribute domain be used in multiple fields within a single utility domain?  Can it be used across utility domains?  Can it also be used for non-UN feature classes (e.g., buildings)?

Thanks,

Cheryl

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LoganSuhr_PSE
New Contributor III

Certainly.  A domain can be applied to multiple fields in the same feature class and table as well as subtypes if needed.  The domain is accessible to all feature classes and tables within the database that have the same field type as the domain (string, long, short, etc.). 

Cheers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LoganSuhr_PSE
New Contributor III

Certainly.  A domain can be applied to multiple fields in the same feature class and table as well as subtypes if needed.  The domain is accessible to all feature classes and tables within the database that have the same field type as the domain (string, long, short, etc.). 

Cheers.

0 Kudos