Data Driven Pages - Controlling Annotation Label Rotation (Keep Labels Horizontal)

05-21-2020 07:22 PM
BenjaminSmith_McRobie2
New Contributor

Hello Fellow GISers! 

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right group but I work at a Civil Engineering firm and felt like this may be something that comes up often.

I am working with Data Driven Pages to create a rather large (over 50 page) mapbook detailing a water main system with valves labeled with an ID number. The pages have different rotations and scales in order to make the sections of the map fit best into the data frame. Since there are usually 3 or more valves that need to be labeled in a small area I changed the properties using Maplex Label Engine to force all of the labels to be shown BUT they consistently overlap. 

Now I converted the labels to annotation to have the benefit of manually moving the labels but I have sacrificed the ability for my labels to stay horizontal. 

I want to be able to use Data Driven Pages and have the ability to manually move my annotation labels AND keep their orientation horizontal. 

Any and all help is appreciated. I found a similar post that didn't get any attention below and felt that this needed to resurface.

https://community.esri.com/message/392468?q=data%20driven%20pages%20annotation%20labels 

Thanks in advance! 

-Ben

0 Kudos
0 Replies