Show associations in a web map (arcgis online and portal for arcgis)

06-08-2022 05:20 AM
ThijsBriggeman_Tensing
New Contributor III

Right now you can see assocations only in ArcGIS Pro:

ThijsBriggeman_Tensing_0-1654690627890.png

This means that our non-gis users have to open ArcGIS Pro and know their way around the software (which is often complicated to them) in order to see associations.

It would be very usefull if they could see associations in a web map in our Enterprise environment (like a widget in WAB).

3 Comments
JoseBanuelos

@ThijsBriggeman_Tensing ,

The ArcGIS API for JavaScript has the ability to view connectivity, containment, and structural attachment Associations. This is documented here: https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/utility-network/associations/

Here is a sample on how to do this: https://codepen.io/banuelosj/pen/mdXzNEw?editors=1010

This sample requires the following credentials to access: username: viewer01 password: I68VGU^nMurF

Once you sign in, the associations will be rendered as dotted lines. You may need to zoom in to see more clearly.

association.png

Hope this helps, we agree there is a need for some sort of widget to help with this workflow. We are currently discussing this within the team.

Thanks!

Jose

ThijsBriggeman_Tensing

@JoseBanuelos 

Thanks, I've found that information too. To bad that we would need a developer to create that, but happy to hear that you are discussing this. Any thoughts on the time table for this?

Thijs

JoseBanuelos

@ThijsBriggeman_Tensing ,

There is currently no timeline unfortunately. We are working every release to improve utility network support in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript, and the work has already been planned for the rest of this year. I will see that we use your request and feedback to help make this feature a higher priority for our plans next year. Having an out-of-the-box user interface to view associations will definitely be beneficial.

Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,

Jose