Parcels edge infos misaligned

Jump to solution
01-11-2022 11:46 AM
MaximeDemers
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to order the parcels edge infos but they are always misaligned when the parcels are loaded into Urban. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Even when I change the order, its never correctly aligned.

For a perticular parcel this is the edge infos:

[{"adjacencies":[],"orientation":"side"},{"adjacencies":[{"type":"street","width":20,"category":"14"}],"orientation":"front"},{"adjacencies":[{"type":"street","width":20,"category":"14"}],"orientation":"front"},{"adjacencies":[{"type":"street","width":20,"category":"14"}],"orientation":"front"},{"adjacencies":[],"orientation":"side"},{"adjacencies":[],"orientation":"side"},{"adjacencies":[],"orientation":"side"},{"adjacencies":[],"orientation":"rear"}]

This is the result in Urban (sorry I am using the french version)

MaximeDemers_0-1641930189920.png

What is the proper way to order the edge infos?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi @MaximeDemers 

To align the edges correctly, please make sure that the edge information stored in the JSON string is formatted as follows:

• The first edge needs to be aligned with the first edge in the geometry (= the edge where you started to draw the parcel geometry).
  • The order of the edges needs to be aligned with the order of the edges in the geometry (= the direction you drew the parcel geometry; = the order of the coordinates in the ring of the geometry).

You can check both - the numbering of the edges and the ordering of the edges/vertices in your geometry - in ArcGIS Pro (Edit Geometry tool > Edit Vertices).

Let me know if this helps or not. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MaximeDemers

Is the order of the coordinates in the ring of the geometry play a role?

0 Kudos
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi @MaximeDemers 

To align the edges correctly, please make sure that the edge information stored in the JSON string is formatted as follows:

• The first edge needs to be aligned with the first edge in the geometry (= the edge where you started to draw the parcel geometry).
  • The order of the edges needs to be aligned with the order of the edges in the geometry (= the direction you drew the parcel geometry; = the order of the coordinates in the ring of the geometry).

You can check both - the numbering of the edges and the ordering of the edges/vertices in your geometry - in ArcGIS Pro (Edit Geometry tool > Edit Vertices).

Let me know if this helps or not. Thanks!

MaximeDemers

Thank you for your answer!

Thanks to your answer I found out that the order of the edges in the polygon geometry was modified in my process when rebuilding the polygons from them.

0 Kudos