Metrics missing from Empty template

Jump to solution
07-27-2022 06:47 AM
WillySimons1
New Contributor II

No metrics are added when I create a new urban model using the Empty template through ArcGIS Online. I can add custom metrics but that doesn't help if they can't be linked to the 'Net space area'.

The USA Default template works as expected but I work in Kenya and want to build my own custom model that conforms with the Kenyan practices.

I am wondering whether others are facing the same issue. Is Esri going to provide a fix or can someone provide me with a workaround?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SilviaCasas
Esri Contributor

Hi @WillySimons1 ,

The behavior you are seeing is expected. If you use the USA Default, you will have the out-of-the-box metrics set in your model, which will be honored in your plans as well. You could use that one as your starting point, and delete all other pre-configured types to then start localizing your model.

We are aware of the limitation of not being able to add out-of-the-box metrics to already created models that didn't include them, and have captured it as a feature request.

Thanks,

Silvia

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SilviaCasas
Esri Contributor

Hi @WillySimons1 ,

The behavior you are seeing is expected. If you use the USA Default, you will have the out-of-the-box metrics set in your model, which will be honored in your plans as well. You could use that one as your starting point, and delete all other pre-configured types to then start localizing your model.

We are aware of the limitation of not being able to add out-of-the-box metrics to already created models that didn't include them, and have captured it as a feature request.

Thanks,

Silvia

0 Kudos
WillySimons1
New Contributor II

Thanks @SilviaCasas 

The workaround works but it's a bit tedious. I suggest default metrics will be included in the Empty template in a future release. One obviously needs them to analyze and compare different scenarios.

Be informed that ArcGIS Urban lessons on the lesson gallery imply that default metrics are included in the Empty template. You might want to update these lessons or at least add a clarification.

Kind regards,

Willy Simons

PREVIEW

0 Kudos