Editing Plan Study Area

07-13-2022 05:33 PM
nomans
by
New Contributor II

I'm still relatively new to using Urban, but was surprised to see that Plan Areas cannot be edited. This is especially strange when Project areas are editable.

I've created a Plan Study Area, then imported new data as a scenario which sits outside of the boundary, which looks amateurish. I'm unsure how to fix this other than delete the Plan then recreate the scenarios.

Does this additional functionality make sense?

Thanks!

Steve

4 Comments
BethAnnWinebarger

I agree that function should be included for plans and projects. 

How do you edit the Area for a project? I didn't realize that was possible.

Thanks!

LisaStaehli

Hi @nomans 

Thank you so much for your feedback and describing your ideal workflow. We are aware of this requirement & will include your feedback on our side.

I am assuming by editing the project area you are referring to editing the area that masks out the existing buildings & trees in a project? @BethAnnWinebarger for your reference: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/urban/help/help-edit-project.htm.

Hope this helps,

Lisa

Till_Schmid
Status changed to: Under Consideration

DominikAllemann
Status changed to: Implemented

Urban's February 2024 update allows editing the study area of plans and projects. See the corresponding docs pages for details:

Additionally, Urban now also allows you to import the study area from a hosted feature layer when creating a plan or project.