Tracker is unavailable

Jump to solution
01-28-2022 10:00 AM
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

Hello--I am new to Tracker and am trying to set it up. However, I am getting "Tracker is unavailable" in Field Maps.

First, I enabled tracking in my Organization's AGOL:

ToddFagin_0-1643392671988.png

Next, I assigned Tracker to myself to ensure I had access to it:

ToddFagin_1-1643392708724.png

However, when I go into Field Maps, I get this:

ToddFagin_2-1643392729508.png

I am sure I am missing something really ridiculously easy, but here I am. Any guidance would be great. I am trying to setup a Field Map for a colleague and tracking is going to be an essential part of this.

Many thanks.

Todd

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You might have to sign out and sign back in in order for Field Maps to find the location tracking feature service. When it can't find the service, you see the message in your screenshots.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You might have to sign out and sign back in in order for Field Maps to find the location tracking feature service. When it can't find the service, you see the message in your screenshots.

0 Kudos
ToddFagin

You know, it is really embarrassing when the solution is something so simple that it could appear as a running joke on the IT Crowd. Have you tried turning it off and on!

I actually completely quit the app multiple times, but never signing out and in again.

All that fancy education for nothing!!!

I jest, of course. I like easy solutions and like to laugh at myself. MUCH appreciated. That obviously worked.

0 Kudos
Mitch_East
New Contributor III

I just had a user experience this with an offline map. They synced the map (which required Tracking) at the end of a day of successful data collection and then went into the field the next day with same synced offline map and got the "Tracker unavailable" message on opening the app to begin data collection. Since the map required Tracker they were unable to collect data. The user could not sign out and sign back in because our devices are not cellular/mobile data enabled.

Is the only solution to return the device to WIFI setting to sign out and sign in again?

0 Kudos
ToddFagin

My guess (and that is all it is) that is unfortunately true. My experience is having to completely log out and in again.

0 Kudos
LucasBlackmore
New Contributor

Hi there! 

I have been having the same problem here -- as have two of my colleagues. Through my admin account I was able to turn the tracking on and record my tracks but every other account is unable to. 

Tracking was turned on at the organization level as seen in the first photo:

The rest of the user accounts receive this message even though they have been added to the track viewer layer and should be able to record their own tracks and see the other tracks. 

Any assistance on how we can activate the tracking for all users both so they can track themselves and see the other users tracked fields would be amazing. 

Thank you! 

image.png

LucasBlackmore_2-1651164319164.png

0 Kudos
LucasBlackmore
New Contributor

The image that all other users receive is the same as the original post saying My Tracks: "Tracking is unavailable". We have tried signing out and back in to Field Maps but the message remains. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Check the privileges of the other uses, the location tracking service is shared to the org by default. There is privilege which is required to view content that is shared to the organization. If the user doesn't have this privilege, the location tracking service cannot be loaded.

0 Kudos