ArcGIS Tracker for Bus Tracking

03-03-2020 01:52 PM
HemaGopalan
New Contributor II

We are in the process of implementing ArcGIS for tracker to track buses for our city transit system. The Last Known Location is published as a service and the real time bus location is shared with the citizens through a Web app on ArcGIS online. The frequency of updating the location is 30s right now. It would be extremely helpful to have added options for the locations to show up at a faster rate (possibly 5-10s). The change will make it a much more efficient app for this application.

4 Comments
ScottHumphrey2

Wondering how this project is going? My school board is looking at developing a tracker or our school buses.

HemaGopalan

We have an up and running site for our real-time bus locations now. You can email me at hgopalan@hattiesburgms.com<mailto:hgopalan@hattiesburgms.com> for more information.

Hema Gopalan

GIS Manager, City of Hattiesburg

308 Newman St. Hattiesburg MS 39401

P.O. Box 1898

601-545-6220

KeiranBray

Hey Hema Gopalan‌ how where you showing the real time bus location? was this using tracker as well or another way?

RyanKragerud

Hello from St. Vrain Valley School District.

I'm working on a project that will do 2 things, 1. give our bus drivers turn by turn route directions and 2. allow our parents to see their child's bus location. How did you do this with your city's bus/transit system? Is the bus location a widget or did you have to develop something?

thx