Updated Survey123 Connect doesn't work anymore - SSL handshake error and no samples available?

12-08-2021 05:51 AM
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, I recently updated my Survey123 Connect to 3.13.249 (was running a previous 3.13 version from September 2021). Upon updating, I am experiencing weird behavior.

I can no longer connect to any samples or templates. When I try to find a sample/template survey I am met with "No Forms Found".

I tried creating a new survey and I can't make any edits to it. I get the error "Error: 6 SSL handshake failed". 

I thought maybe there was a connection (certificate?) issue with my Portal, so I downloaded the Survey123 application on another machine. It works completely fine there, none of the same issues I am having on my primary machine. Can someone help me get this working again? Thanks!

@JamesTedrick @ZacharySutherby 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

From another GoeNet thread "To close out this issue, the problem was with the SSL certificate on the web server.  Survey123's Android build requires the entire certificate chain (Server (Intermediates) Root certs) to be present.  This has been raised for other applications; external documentation can be found at https://ssl.comodo.com/support/untrusted-certificate-error-on-android.php and https://medium.com/@itzfitz/how-to-fix-comodo-certificate-not-trusted-on-android-devices-afa405a3531... 

Not sure if comodo applies to you, but maybe you do not currently have a complete Certificate chain with your certificate provider. 

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Thanks! I saw this thread but no I don’t think that’s the problem? I’m using two Windows 10 PCs (not android), they are on the same network. One works and one doesn’t - so would it still be a certificate issue? And why did it work on the last version of Survey123 but not this one?

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Thanks! I saw this but no I don’t think that’s the problem? I’m using two Windows 10 PCs (not android), they are on the same network and one works and one doesn’t.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

You said you recently updated my Survey123 Connect to 3.13.249 (was running a previous 3.13 version from September 2021).  Was this updated on both computers (or is that not how Survey 123 Connect works), as I'm wondering if its a version difference?

Have you tried logging a support incident with ESRI tech support yet?

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Both are the same version and I also did an uninstall and reinstall on the computer that isn’t working. I’m planning on calling tech support but I usually get great and quick feedback from the Survey123 team here! 

0 Kudos