Unexpected behavior with minimal apparence and cascading selection in Survey123 version 3:13

Jump to solution
09-21-2021 02:45 AM
KajsaWivstad
New Contributor II

Hello

I wonder if this behavior is expected i version 3.13.

I´ve recently updated to survey123 connect 3.13 and I´m having trouble with select_one question if I set apperence to minimal (worked in version 3.12 without a problem).

I have a cascade selection on the first question. If I choose 1, I can only choose between fruits and if I choose 2 I can only choose between animals. But the bug makes the following thing:

• If I choose Sort 1, under What kind of thing?  I can then choose between different fruits.
  • But if I then change to Sort 2 (without to do a repeat) the answer apple is still there, and I can submit with incorrect answer. In 3.12 the previous answer disappeared, and I had to make a new selection from the list corresponding to the Sort I selected.

I hope for some respones

Thank you,

Kajsa Wivstad

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @KajsaWivstad,

Just letting you know that the Early Adopter Community (EAC) has just been updated with new 3.13 October Update RC builds. These builds include a fix for the issue you described above where cascading selects were not clearing the previous value when changed. If you have time, please take a look and test out your surveys with these new builds, and let us know any feedback in the EAC forums. We hope to get this update released and available in the app stores as soon as possible.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @KajsaWivstad ,

I'm not replicating the issue you are describing when I try to create a form based on the screenshot you attached.  Could you share the XLSX file sample associated with that screenshot?

0 Kudos
KajsaWivstad
New Contributor II

Hi @JamesTedrick here the file. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @KajsaWivstad ,

Thanks for sharing the form.  I mistook the error state (the issue being the value is retained after a change in values). I can reproduce the error and will work to have it addressed.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @KajsaWivstad,

Just letting you know that the Early Adopter Community (EAC) has just been updated with new 3.13 October Update RC builds. These builds include a fix for the issue you described above where cascading selects were not clearing the previous value when changed. If you have time, please take a look and test out your surveys with these new builds, and let us know any feedback in the EAC forums. We hope to get this update released and available in the app stores as soon as possible.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
KajsaWivstad
New Contributor II

Super, we will check it out there.

Thanks

Kajsa