Survey123 with Replica or Version

Jump to solution
09-16-2019 04:16 AM
MohamedMira
New Contributor

Hello,

I want to use either Replicas or Versions on my data collected by Survey123 to prevent any updates on my Main Database and to put a quality control layer first and check coming data before entering Main DB.

I am using Suvey123 connect and field app 3.6.143.

Data is on SQL Server DB.

I use an existing published service fields and build the survey using those fields in the excel sheet to build the survey.

I recognized that [ ApplyeditswithGlobalID ] must be true and to do this data cannot be Versioned. 

My Question is there any way to make a middle layer so no data enter the Main DB direct from the field app.

Ismael ChiviteJames Tedrick

Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mohammed,

It is definitely possible to create another feature class to serve as the 'incoming' pool and then copy data to your main database as part of the QA process. As you note, the 'incoming' layer would need to have globalIDs and not be versioned.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Mohammed,

It is definitely possible to create another feature class to serve as the 'incoming' pool and then copy data to your main database as part of the QA process. As you note, the 'incoming' layer would need to have globalIDs and not be versioned.

MohamedMira
New Contributor

Hi James,

So it is not possible to work on existing service with Survey123 in [ Replicas / Versions ] and I need to configure other solution like the one you mentioned.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Correct, 

As you note in the documentation, Survey123 cannot support a versioned feature layer.

ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos