Survey123 Take answers from one page and autopopulate on next page

Jump to solution
03-27-2023 06:44 AM
AmyGrossman
New Contributor III

Hello, the first page of my survey has a question where users  type elements (anywhere from 1-15 items) found in a park. The second page of the survey asks for the status of those items. How can I take the items the user types in the first page and have them autopopulate into the second page's status question so that the survey user can then just type in updates on each item already there in answer box?

The list of items are not compiled into a database, it's something each survey user needs to enter in. It's also not a repeat (I think?) since they are on different pages of a survey (the first part of the survey is completed in the office and the second part in the field). 

I've created the survey on the desktop app, not the online version if that helps. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AmyGrossman

To reference the answer from a previous question you can use the ${questionName} notation where questionName is the value from the name column in the XLSForm for the question you are trying to reference. You can use the dollar sign curly bracket notation in question labels or calculations depending on if you want the value in the label of the other question or in the value box for the other question. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AmyGrossman

To reference the answer from a previous question you can use the ${questionName} notation where questionName is the value from the name column in the XLSForm for the question you are trying to reference. You can use the dollar sign curly bracket notation in question labels or calculations depending on if you want the value in the label of the other question or in the value box for the other question. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
AmyGrossman
New Contributor III

Perfect, this works! Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos