Survey123 & Signatures After Sending a Survey

11-13-2017 12:38 PM
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

I want to use Survey123 to keep track of a daily work related checklist.  I would like to use the signature function to have the person filling out the survey sign it, and then send it.  After the survey is sent, I would like the supervisor to have a way to also sign the survey, or somehow mark that they have reviewed it.  Any suggestions how to go about doing that would be great.  In addition - I like the "show individual response" option when reviewing survey123 data, is that option available in AGOL or only Survey123?

14 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pamela,

Currently, the Survey123 application can edit submitted information (see Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ); one technique that this supports is to have a second form that has additional questions compared to the first form (user's questions vs. supervisor's questions).  One thing the editing capability currently does not support is the ability to add additional image-type questions such as a signature; in the interim another type of field, such as a text field confirming review, could be implemented.

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Hi James, 

Thank you for the response.  The supervisor won't necessarily have access to the same device that the survey is being sent from, it would also not be efficient for the supervisor to try and track down all devices so they can sign off on the survey.  I am looking for a way for the supervisor to sign off or mark as reviewed after the survey as been sent from a web browser, not from the sent box in survey123.  

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Ok I went through the link you sent more carefully - the inbox allows you to access all sent surveys from any device.  That could potentially be helpful.  The most helpful however, would be for the supervisor to be able to edit surveys sent from a web browser on their computer....just to be able to mark them as viewed.  I wish their was the capability to edit from the survey123 site and not have to pop open the map viewer.  

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

Pamela,

The supervisor can install the Survey123 Mobile App on their computer and then can scroll through the in-box and fill in their initials on a question such as "Reviewed by Supervisor". This works and is an easy method to view all of the sent surveys without going through a map viewer.

--gary

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the responses - i will have my supervisor download Survey123 onto their desktop.  

Now I have another questions.  In the Inbox I can set a Query expression to filter the surveys that the supervisor can see in the Inbox.  I have a text field where the supervisor types in their name.  If I want the query expression to to show surveys where the supervisor name field is blank, what is the correct expression? 

I've tried tried a few different things but keep striking out!

Thanks - Pamela 

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Also - is there a way have only the supervisor be able to edit the Inbox?  and not the other usernames?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Pamela,

The correct statement for empty boxes would <fieldname> IS NULL where <fieldname> is the name of the question the supervisor needs to fill out (without the angle brackets).  In terms of having the supervisor be the only one to edit the Inbox, the normal method is to have two forms - the form you have already for everyone else (that hides the supervisor question), and a form for the supervisor that shows the question.  You can then share the form for the only to the supervisor via a group that only you & the supervisor are in.

PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks James - I got the NULL value working!  

So by having 2 forms, you mean creating 2 separate surveys, one with a hidden field and one with the same field but not hidden?  How does that work?  I want the supervisor to be able to edit the hidden field in the sent forms in the in box...is there  a step by step guide how to set that up? haha. Sorry a little confused...

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Pamela,

We don't have a step by step guide, but...

1) Author the form with *all* the questions needed (supervisor & field worker) and publish to create the feature service

2) Create a new survey from that feature service; remove all the questions the field worker does not need.  Publish the form - this is the field worker view

3) Create a new survey from that feature service; keep only the questions that the supervisor needs (if different than #1).  Publish with the Inbox enabled - this is the supervisor form.