Survey123 Search Layer on Geopoint?

Jump to solution
07-30-2021 01:32 PM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have survey123 connect 3.12 and existing feature service enterprise portal. Is there a way to search from layer instead geocoder? I am not sure about online arcgis setting locator organization.  Prefer just like WebApp Builder search widget to allow to select the layer and field only for this survey123 instead apply all organization. Please kindly advise. Thank you

AlexP__1-1627676036722.png

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlexP_ ,

Thanks for sharing here! Currently, the search widget on map does not support search feature from layer. 

However, if you want to select feature without viewing it on map, then you can use the search appearance which is currently available on BETA. You can create an autocomplete question which pulls features from the feature layer. The pulled features can also be filtered using spatial queries, see details below:

I will log your feature request in our internal repo, meanwhile, I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement case number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the enhancement on the Esri Support site. If the enhancement is requested by other customers it will be attached to the same enhancement case, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

Ruth

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe the only way to do this is have other Locator services published to your portal. For instance, we have an address Locator specific to our county, and it appears as an option in the map. Our locator could as easily be based on, say, parcel numbers or neighborhood names. But it does need to be an actual locator.

jcarlson_0-1627678008364.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
AlexP_
by

@jcarlson Thank you for sharing.I am familiar with locator but this is not what I am expected. I wonder if anyone already made idea for this survey123 design something similar just like webapp builder search widget to make it easier and friendly.

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlexP_ ,

Thanks for sharing here! Currently, the search widget on map does not support search feature from layer. 

However, if you want to select feature without viewing it on map, then you can use the search appearance which is currently available on BETA. You can create an autocomplete question which pulls features from the feature layer. The pulled features can also be filtered using spatial queries, see details below:

I will log your feature request in our internal repo, meanwhile, I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement case number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the enhancement on the Esri Support site. If the enhancement is requested by other customers it will be attached to the same enhancement case, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

Ruth

ArmstKP

@jcarlson Josh, how did you add your own locator to the Survey123 map?

0 Kudos
RyanBohan

Once again, thank you Esri Community.  Just had a similar request for users to be able to search Park Names from a rest service and the geopoint appear at that location, that could then be adjusted.

Best way I could think of is to have a webapp, with the configured search and then have pop-up with a custom survey link and pass the location via url parameters.

Seems like over engineering the process, my suggestion is a custom basemap showing the parks in survey123

0 Kudos