Survey123 count

06-10-2022 10:20 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Survey123 survey in which the user will be collecting photos at various sites.  I'd like to set up the survey so that each site is numbered as is each photo at each site (Site 1, Photo 1; Site 1, Photo 2; Site 2, Photo 1).  I'd also like the report I generate to caption each photo with the associated site and photo number.

What's the best way to do this?  I've tried counter, count-selected, repeat within a repeat, and nothing seems to work.

Thanks to all.

Tags (3)
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried position?  Also I’m gonna move this to the survey 123 forum.

ThomasHamill
Occasional Contributor II

@Anonymous User, the What's new in ArcGIS Survey123 (June 2022) (scroll down) featured a piece about how to use the XLSForm to automate the file name of photos and signatures (using a calculation).  So you could at least have the photo names populate from IDs as users capture subsequent observations/surveys.

Kindest Regards,

t
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have figured out a few different ways to assign file names but have abandoned my attempts to conjure any sort of autoincrementing solution of photo numbering.

It seems that the best way, given the currently available functionality, is to have the user manually enter the site # and photo #.  I can then construct the report to extract these numbers for each image. 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

position() or having a countother field with a value of 1 then using sum(${CountOther}) worked for me.