Survey123 Connect sign in issue

Jump to solution
07-08-2018 08:23 PM
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

I have just dated Survey123 Connect to 3.0.127 (Windows 7). But now when I try to click the sign in or publish button  nothing happens. I don't get prompted for anything, its like the onclick event isn't firing.

I have tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, but it hasn't done anything.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

For those who haven't seen the other issue, this has been resolved, at least in this case:

This may be an issue with storage of sign-in credentials, added in 3.0; every sign in credential gets added to the Windows Credential Manager, and if it ends up storing too many of these credentials, the sign in can fail to open.

If this is the case, then it can be solved by deleting all of the Survey123Connect entries within Windows Credential Manager, which can be accessed through the Control Panel.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ChrisRoberts2

I just downloaded 'Connect Classic' and that allows me to Sign In. But still no luck with the latest version.

0 Kudos
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris,

I can't replicate this on our own Windows 7 machine, so this isn't an OS-wide problem.

Can we get a few more details on your machine? You've mentioned that the two buttons that open the login prompt don't work, what about other buttons in the UI, such as the button to open the XLSForm?

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2

Hi Claire

System as per below

Processor: Intel(R)ore(TM) i7-3770 CPU 3.4 GHZ

RAM: 8gb

System Type: 64 bit

All the other UI buttons seem to work. I can open existing Surveys and click to open the XSForm spreadsheet via the icons/buttons. as well as the Update Open Folder and Show Online icons. But when I click on the Publish Icon or the Sign In icon, they flash but nothing pops up.

0 Kudos
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

This appears to be an issue we're not aware of, so I'll raise it to the team.

In the meantime, if you do want to upgrade to Survey123 version 3.0, can I suggest perhaps using an external browser to sign in? How To: Use an external web browser to sign in to the Survey123 for ArcGIS 2.0 field app or Survey12...  I can't guarantee it will work, but if it does it might be an effective workaround.

0 Kudos
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

For those who haven't seen the other issue, this has been resolved, at least in this case:

This may be an issue with storage of sign-in credentials, added in 3.0; every sign in credential gets added to the Windows Credential Manager, and if it ends up storing too many of these credentials, the sign in can fail to open.

If this is the case, then it can be solved by deleting all of the Survey123Connect entries within Windows Credential Manager, which can be accessed through the Control Panel.

BenVan_Kesteren1

I am running version 3.0.142, I was having the same issue, I followed your steps, I opened Control Panel, All Control Panel Items, Credential Manager, and then under Generic Credentials I had two Survey123 entries, I have removed both of these entries and now the sign in window appears no worries. 

This was my solution for Windows 7, running survey123 v3.0.142

Cheers

GregKelly2
New Contributor

This is a known issue with signing in to Survey123 version 3.0. The resolution is listed above: Go to Windows Credential Manager, then delete Survey123 entries.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

A hotfix for 3.0 has been released today to resolve the sign in issue. Please ensure you download the latest version of Connect 3.0.128 and App 3.0.134 from the Survey123 website or app stores to get this fix.

Regards,

Phil.

AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

I am not sure why the hotfix didn't work for my case.  I am using Connect 3.0142 and still had the same issue (fixed by deleting the credentials as suggested)