Survey123 Comma Separators in pulldata Field

09-17-2021 08:48 AM
AmberTobin
New Contributor III

I'm using the pulldata function to pre-populate a field for a survey I am publishing to the web. I need the note field to show with comma separators where I want to display the pulldata field. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

My apologies if I did not quite understand the question, but it looks like you want to use pulldata to extract content including text with commas from a CSV. If this is the case, you just need to make sure your CSV is using quotes around the content that has commas. If you do that, you can use the pulldata function as usual. The screenshot below shows a quick test I did. Note that the CSV file uses quotes around values in the MyLabel column. The XLSForm uses standard syntax. Both Connect and the web app can display content without problem. In case it helps, the XLSForm and CSV file I used are attached.

IsmaelChivite_0-1631895207735.png

TimeonSchot
New Contributor II

Thanks for sharing!

Although it might be obvious for some, I'd like to point out that this solution only works if your CSV file has been created and edited with a text editor such as Notepad++ or Wordpad rather than with Excel.

0 Kudos