Survey123 calculation returns no value

03-27-2023 10:11 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've paired a QuickCapture application with Workforce (anytime a location is captured in QuickCapture it is automatically created as an assignment in Workforce) and I have paired Survey123 with the Workforce application for field workers to fill out and submit. 2 of my questions use a calculation to pull data from the Assignments feature service. One grabs the dispatchers name (creator field) and the other pulls an ID (set to 9999 when data is collected in QuickCapture). When I use the survey at assignment button to access the survey from Workforce, the Dispatcher name populates but the ID field does not. 

SHartholt_0-1679936849680.png

SHartholt_1-1679937021699.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User, 

It may be cut off but from your screen capture of the calculation in the web designer the where clause looks to be missing. The calculation should be something along the lines of `extract X from ABC_layer where Y is <someValue>`. The where clause tells Survey123 what exact record to extract the value from the X field. If you edit your calculation is there a filter set (step 3)?

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

My other calculation is set up the exact same way and populates a value. I don't need a where clause - I want the Survey to extract whatever the value no matter what it is. There is no filter, it's greyed out and says add a map or address question to extract data by location.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User, 

The where clause will help refine what record is returned, without it the calculation will return the first record in the query response. As for why nothing is being returned in the feature service you are referencing in the calculation do all records in the feature service have ID values in the attribute table? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is my current test workflow:

-create a new Assignment point using QuickCapture (Dispatcher  = creator,  ID = 9999)

-open Workforce, select the new point & choose survey at assignment

The survey opens. The Dispatcher field in the survey uses a calculation that extracts the Dispatcher field from the Assignment point (creator) and the ID field uses a calculation that extracts the ID field from the Assignment point (9999). The Dispatcher value populates but the ID does not. Both fields are read only and required. Since the ID field is not populating as expected, the user cannot submit a response.

SHartholt_1-1680005843622.png

0 Kudos