Stuck on "updating survey form package"

Jump to solution
09-28-2021 06:47 AM
3CDCOrganizationalAccount
New Contributor III

When trying to republish a survey in Survey123 Connect, the survey gets stuck 'updating survey form package'. I read a previous post regarding this issue (see: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/survey123-connect-stuck-on-quot-updating-su...) and identified that the issue is probably related to me reorganizing my files in ArcOnline. I tried returning the form and feature layers to what I believe is their original location in my base folder, but the issue seems to persist. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks!

3CDCOrganizationalAccount_0-1632836805957.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The folder id may have still changed.  Go into the iteminfo file on you local machine and change it to the id of the new folder.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you recreated the folder it will get a new folder id (each folder has an id just like any other item in AGOL).

See this post on how to edit the folder.  Good idea to never move anything in AGOL.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/survey-won-t-publish-as-form-was-moved-to-a...

Hope that does it.

3CDCOrganizationalAccount
New Contributor III

I did not recreate the folder, I moved it back to the home folder where it was originally. I am confused on how to edit the folder. I should just change the name of the iteminfo folder and the survey will recreate a new one with the updated folder location?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The folder id may have still changed.  Go into the iteminfo file on you local machine and change it to the id of the new folder.

MattEdrich
Occasional Contributor

Yet another thing I dearly wish Esri made clear when it comes to survey management! I have had this issue intermittently for months and I always thought it was because my surveys tend to max out what S123 can do. However, having read through this post and the various other posts chained to it, I am certain my issue comes from having recently tried to organize my UI in AGOL. ALL of my active surveys have moved folders in AGOL, and the inability to now-update them isn't a huge deal as we are in a code freeze here, however I just need to fix the color of some display text and I can't do it!

I have messed with the iteminfo folder, which natively just has two lines in it:

{
    "name": "Plumb & Twist (June 8 2023)",
    "type": "xform"
}

Suddenly it makes perfect sense as to why the update wouldn't make it to my field teams, and no amount of adding "owner": and "ownerFolder": fields to the JSON file seems to help, whether or not S123 Connect is open while I am editing the file. Is this a workaround that Esri has squashed, or am I doing it wrong?