Simple Check List in Survey123 Connect?

08-12-2022 04:00 AM
hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to find out if anyone knows of a way to use Survey123 Connect to create simple checklists for traffic signal preventative maintenance inspections?  I originally made the technicians and yes/no form but since they are testing it on cell phones, they asked if there was a way I could just make a checkbox list so they didn't have to scroll through all of the sections of questions which takes a lot longer for them to get through.  

I looked around online and didn't seem to find anywhere that I could put "checkbox" as a single option for "yes" on their questions and I'd prefer to use Survey123 Connect if possible.  I did try it in Survey123 web but wasn't happy with the way it looked and didn't see anyway to customize it there.  

I've included a screenshot of a portion of the paper checklist I am trying to recreate, how it looks in the original form I created, and also what I tried in Survey123 on the web version.

Thank you in advance for any advice and feedback.

Paper form to recreate:

ChecklistToRecreate.png

Original form created in Survey123 Connect but too long for field techs on cell phones:

OriginalSurvey123ConnectForm.png

Non-preferred attempt in Survey123 web app:

chrome_oUxMihP49q.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Jose.  That doesn't seem to be working for me.  Is it because I only have one option?  I've included a sample of my spreadsheet and what it looks like in Connect after saving.  (I did change the 'yes' to completed since they just want a checklist to mark each item once their task is completed).

Excel Table Survey Tab:

hherrmann_coj_0-1660326941187.png

Excel Table Choices Tab:

hherrmann_coj_1-1660326990771.png

Connect View after changes:

hherrmann_coj_2-1660327031936.png

I'm truly stumped.  (I'm also fairly new to making these custom forms so there is definitely a learning curve. 😋)

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Based on my very quick glance, you are using field-list rather that table-list for your appearance.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry. I had a feeling something else was off and had another quick look. For your choices, you should only have one option:

list_namenamelabel
completecompleteComplete

Your current set-up is pretty redundant. Change all of your select_one to select_one complete.

Everything else should be okay.

0 Kudos