Side by Side Integers

Jump to solution
09-23-2021 10:58 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

123.png

I've been trying to get my survey to resemble the one above. Essentially, you have a group called MATERIALS and nine choices under two more groups (i.e. Recycled Cubic Yards, Recycled Tons). Additionally, if an integer is typed in the Recycled Cubic Yards box it should be calculated to Recycled Tons automatically. But, I'm more concerned with getting the Survey set up right.

The closest I've came is putting the group in a table-list. I've also tried the theme-grid style in the Settings tab. But, apparently you can't do both at the same time.

I've attached the spreadsheet, but here's a screenshot:

JaredPilbeam2_0-1632419836712.pngJaredPilbeam2_1-1632419850708.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Pretty sure table-list is only for select_one where all the fields use the same list.   https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformsappearance.htm 

You can use grid though.  Plus you will need fields for each of the categories.  I would make tons a note since read only can be weird and auto calc it.

DougBrowning_0-1632421142660.png

See attached.  Hope it helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Pretty sure table-list is only for select_one where all the fields use the same list.   https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformsappearance.htm 

You can use grid though.  Plus you will need fields for each of the categories.  I would make tons a note since read only can be weird and auto calc it.

DougBrowning_0-1632421142660.png

See attached.  Hope it helps

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Doug. That works nicely. I'll keep it like that for now. But, I'd still rather have it where the user can input the tons. I'm not sure if that will even work with the calculation in the Tons fields.

Here's an example of your idea put to use:

${asphaltyards}*1.4 goes in the calculation field of Asphalt Tons, which looks like this:

JaredPilbeam2_0-1632424754072.png

EDIT: I set both asphaltyards and asphalttons to integers. Now the user can enter a value in the Tons field, or if they enter Cubic yards the calculation still functions.

0 Kudos