Showing or hiding repeats using conditional statements

Jump to solution
01-28-2022 03:16 PM
Jen_Zumbado-Hannibal
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

My questions should be simple. However, I'm not the best at formulas. I'm building simple map gallery contest form. 

Some people submit two or more submissions under one name. Therefore, the behavior I'm looking for is if the participant answers:

Do you have more than one submission? 

Yes

No

If 'yes' then show repeats as many times as necessary.

If 'no' then just show repeat once. 

Or, maybe there is a better way to show repeats. I'm welcoming any suggestion @JamesTedrick ,  @IsmaelChivite , and other GIS Super Heroes. 

Thanks everyone - Jen

Jen Zumbado-Hannibal, GISP
GIS Coordinator
City of Forest Grove
Forest Grove, OR 97116

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jen,

I took a look at your survey, and what I think would be the best thing to do is just have a set of dependent questions for each option (Yes/No). So your current repeat (rows 16-29) would have a dependency of ${more_than_one_submission} = 'yes'. Then you'd have the same questions, but not in a repeat. And all of those would have a dependency of ${more_than_one_submission} = 'no'

Does that make sense/would that work for you regarding backend data processing?

Best,

Katherine

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jen_Zumbado-Hannibal
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for the delay. This worked perfect! Thanks so much. 

GIS Coordinator
City of Forest Grove
Forest Grove, OR 97116

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jen,

I took a look at your survey, and what I think would be the best thing to do is just have a set of dependent questions for each option (Yes/No). So your current repeat (rows 16-29) would have a dependency of ${more_than_one_submission} = 'yes'. Then you'd have the same questions, but not in a repeat. And all of those would have a dependency of ${more_than_one_submission} = 'no'

Does that make sense/would that work for you regarding backend data processing?

Best,

Katherine

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Jen_Zumbado-Hannibal
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for the delay. This worked perfect! Thanks so much. 

GIS Coordinator
City of Forest Grove
Forest Grove, OR 97116

0 Kudos