"Something broke the parser" - error publishing!

Jump to solution
07-30-2021 01:31 PM
JCOSNatRes1
New Contributor

Hello!

I am experiencing an "Error converting XLSForm" issue. Error contains the language:  ODK Validate Error "Something broke the parser" when trying to publish my survey. 

I've looked over previous comments with similar errors and am pretty sure that I:

1) am not relying on any "relevant" statements in the survey, so shouldn't be getting hung up there,

2) I believe none of my field names are too long or improperly formatted

Any help would be appreciated!  Still new at this.  Spreadsheet attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @JCOSNatRes1 

Thanks for sharing here! It seems like there is a comma missed in your concat() calculation.

Ruth_JiatengXu_0-1627917706100.png

Thanks,

Ruth

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @JCOSNatRes1 

Thanks for sharing here! It seems like there is a comma missed in your concat() calculation.

Ruth_JiatengXu_0-1627917706100.png

Thanks,

Ruth

View solution in original post

BotanyJCOSNatRes3
New Contributor

Incredible.  Thank you so much, Ruth!  That was absolutely the problem.  I greatly appreciate your help!!

- Jesse

Arnaud_Brival
New Contributor II

Hi @Ruth_JiatengXu 

Appologies but I'm suddenly experiencing a similar issues. The XLS form worked like a brease before but I must have inserted a mistake somewhere but I'm absolutely unable to find it.  I was also unable to decifer (nor copy and paste) the error message given by Survey123.  
If you have a tool to test or find out more about the error, Would you accept to have a look at this rather complicated Xlsform? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @Arnaud_Brival 

Thanks for sharing here, and I am sorry for the late response.

It seems like there is an extra "`" in the choice_filter column for your Operator_lzin question, see the screenshot below:

Ruth_JiatengXu_0-1630918774531.png

I have attached the XLSForm with the extra "`" removed, and this should work with no issue.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos