Populate Survey 123 answers from an excel

Jump to solution
10-05-2022 04:25 PM
GustavoAdolfoMartinezHincapie
New Contributor II

Hi @IsmaelChivite !

I have a survey and I want you to know it it is possible to load an excel file and automatically populate some answers.

For example:

Every two weeks a contractor sends to me an excel with a list of workers.

The excel has around 20 names and IDs. In order to request authorization from my boss to grant access to the workers, I created a survey in survey123. However, I am wasting time filling in the names of those 20 names and IDs in my survey. I don´t want to waste time typing all the info again.

So, is it any way to load the excel in the survey and automatically fill it?  

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you just want to list all the names in a single field, or do you want to have the names as options so you can fill out the survey for each person?

There's a simple enough solution either way, but you need to explain what you are trying to achieve.

In general terms, you just need to convert the Excel sheet into a csv file and then use the select_from_file question type:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/work-with-csv-data-in-arcgis-survey123/ba-p/1157...

View solution in original post

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
4 Replies
LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you just want to list all the names in a single field, or do you want to have the names as options so you can fill out the survey for each person?

There's a simple enough solution either way, but you need to explain what you are trying to achieve.

In general terms, you just need to convert the Excel sheet into a csv file and then use the select_from_file question type:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/work-with-csv-data-in-arcgis-survey123/ba-p/1157...

New Contributor II

Thanks!!!! this was exactly what I was looking for!!!!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
New Contributor II

Thanks!!! Never used AGOL before, great opportunity to learn.

0 Kudos