Photos not loading from library on iPhone on Survey123

Jump to solution
10-18-2021 11:29 AM
GB-MichelleBaragonaGISS
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have an image question in my Survey123 form (created on Connect) where the user can attach images from either their library or directionly from the camera. It works as expected from my Android device, but on my iPhone (and my colleague's), attaching a photo either doesn't work at all, or only works sporadically. I click on the folder icon, select my photo, and then it closes, but no photo is actually attached to the form. There shouldn't be any sort of size restriction that I've place on my end, but is that something that could cause the issue? Is there a way around that, if that's the case? Has anybody else run into this issue?

Thanks,

Michelle

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GB-MichelleBaragonaGISS

If you open your settings on your IOS device and scroll down to Survey123. For the Survey123 app permissions the photos may be set to Selected Photos or None. If you change the access to photos to All  Photos is the same behavior observed? 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GB-MichelleBaragonaGISS

If you open your settings on your IOS device and scroll down to Survey123. For the Survey123 app permissions the photos may be set to Selected Photos or None. If you change the access to photos to All  Photos is the same behavior observed? 

Thank you,
Zach
GB-MichelleBaragonaGISS
New Contributor II

That did the trick! Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
MarthaRodgers
New Contributor III

Thank you @ZacharySutherby !  You saved the day.  I didn't even know that setting was a thing.....

0 Kudos