Offline maps for Survey123

Jump to solution
10-04-2022 03:04 PM
djcrouse
New Contributor II

I am trying to have an offline basemap with 2 layers of our data. When I do a mobile map package, it only shows my layers and no basemap. How do I get both in there? I have put it in the media folder of Connect and also tried to link the survey to published layers (but that one won't go offline). 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leightmaes
New Contributor III

Try instead (in ArcGIS Pro):

1) Configure map display with only your basemap turned on, at your target extent

2)  Going to the Map tab, then Download map in the Offline pane, click "include basemap and tile layers", and click "Download Map"

3) Once this is done, you will see a new layer appear in your TOC with the name of the basemap and a long varchar string. You should be able to then package your MMPK with your other layers including the clipped basemap.

Let me know if this works!

Leigh

View solution in original post

6 Replies
leightmaes
New Contributor III

Hi, review this video on how to clip your basemap (assuming you are using ArcGIS Pro): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I2paBTwPF8.

0 Kudos
djcrouse
New Contributor II

It still does not let it go with the layers. I even tried saving them as layer packages.

djcrouse_0-1664995551852.png

0 Kudos
leightmaes
New Contributor III

Are you saving the clipped basemap as a separate layer, or leaving the original clipped layer in place in your TOC?

0 Kudos
djcrouse
New Contributor II

I saved them as map packages and added them in (removed the regular basemap layers). They are still using a service though.

djcrouse_0-1665065620732.png

0 Kudos
leightmaes
New Contributor III

Try instead (in ArcGIS Pro):

1) Configure map display with only your basemap turned on, at your target extent

2)  Going to the Map tab, then Download map in the Offline pane, click "include basemap and tile layers", and click "Download Map"

3) Once this is done, you will see a new layer appear in your TOC with the name of the basemap and a long varchar string. You should be able to then package your MMPK with your other layers including the clipped basemap.

Let me know if this works!

Leigh

djcrouse
New Contributor II

Leigh, Awesome!! Thank you so much! I have been working on this for several days. The only trouble I am having is getting better resolution, so I am breaking the maps up into counties. This will go into our Standard Work. Thanks again!!!

0 Kudos