Microsoft Power Automate - Flow error

Jump to solution
01-31-2023 01:19 PM
DarraghOHagan
New Contributor

Hi,

I have previously set up 5  flows in Microsoft Power automate so that various people get emails when surveys are submitted through Survey123 using their arcgis online accounts. These surveys are all currently working succesfully.

I am now trying to create a new flow for a newly created survey in Survey123 and i am getting the error described below that i dont know how to resolve.

The surveys are stored on my arcgis online account.

In Power Automate, I am succesfully able to create a connection to arcgis online and choose my new survey from the drop down list, but then when i try to save the flow, i get the error "when a survey response is submitted url of ArcGIS enterprise is required". This is even though i am using the ArcGIS online account for the surveys and succesfuly login to this.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this error?

Thank you

DarraghOHagan_0-1675199075413.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DarraghOHagan,

We've seen this issue come up for flows created from a Power Automate template. Is the flow that you are seeing the error with created from a template? To resolve the error you can remove the 'When a survey response is submitted' module and re-add it to the flow. Alternatively, creating a 'Build your own' flow instead of a template flow will not generate the error. 

Thanks,
-Barbara

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DarraghOHagan,

We've seen this issue come up for flows created from a Power Automate template. Is the flow that you are seeing the error with created from a template? To resolve the error you can remove the 'When a survey response is submitted' module and re-add it to the flow. Alternatively, creating a 'Build your own' flow instead of a template flow will not generate the error. 

Thanks,
-Barbara

EricPescatore
Occasional Contributor

I'm encountering the same issues as well and had 6 different power automate workflows appending new survey data to the same database. Created back in March 2021, had worked falwlessly for nearly 2 years. Now we encounter 'corrupted data, missed and failed forms, and a few other oddities in the last few months.

Was this error introduced from Power Automate or due to changes in how ESRI pushes the authentication tokens out when adding a Connector/Connections to an www.arcgis.com survey123 enabled account. (I think it was recently upped from 14 days to 90 days). the ESRI enterprise sounds like something change on ESRI front.

I understand I can REMOVE and ADD the Trigger back in but ultimately... i do not want to have to reconfigure my entire survey...

0 Kudos
TristanHolland1
New Contributor III

@EricPescatore did you ever find a good solution for the expiring credentials?  I only have 1 flow, but it seems to break.  I go add a new connection to S123 and OneDrive and it works again.  This is annoying, as many users rely on my flow to create their reports as they submit their surveys.

EricPescatore
Occasional Contributor

I haven't found a solid way outside of periodically going to my connections > Survey123 > Re-loggin in every X number of days. I had hope i could have made a Power automate workflow that auotmatically did this workflow for me, but I opted instead to have a calendar reminder put in for me to "update' the connections every 2 weeks. 

ESRI noted that they are working with Microsoft to extend AGO (ArcGIS Online identity) even further out. So it grabs what I assume is a Token for 90+ days now.

Another thing I would recommend doing. It stinks, but you may want to recreate the Triggers periodically. I am not 100% certain that when changes on the backend to the Trigger/Actions are not getting updated. For example ESRI added some enterprise credentials to the triggers which is what i think was causing my problem. I also found that the Excel for Business (Add a Row) action got updated with a new option, that does not exist in the one I created 2 years ago. 

So those widgets are "set in time" to when they are created and if updates occur do not inherit the new features. At least that my theory.

Sorry for the rambling 🙂

TristanHolland1
New Contributor III

Thanks @EricPescatore.  For now, I'll go the reminder route.  

@BarbaraWebster1 is there any hope for the tokens to automatically renew?  My organizations AGOL uses our IDs for login, so there is no PW to update.