Geocode Appearance not allowing for concatenate formula in calculation in Browser

09-24-2021 07:58 AM
scjackson
New Contributor II

I am using the geocode appearance on a text field that is populated by concatenating field together to locate an address. This works in the app but not in the browser. In the browser, the field remains partially filled in as the data is concatenated.  I have attached the xlsx form. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
alison_gou
Esri Contributor

Hi @scjackson,

I used your xlsx and did reproduce what you encountered. If I'm right, I think the following question is where you ran into issue:

alison_gou_0-1632985684727.png

However, I don't think this is an issue. Let me explain why.

When geocode appearance is used,   text question has address auto-complete capabilities by leveraging locator service in your Org. A dropdown list containing matching results would return as user input. You may check this blog out to see more about geocode appearance.

If you still would like to concatenating fields, then simply removing 'geocode'  in appearance column would do the trick.

Give it a try and see how it goes.

Regards,

Alison

0 Kudos
scjackson
New Contributor II

Alison,

Thank you for looking into the issue. However, I had already tried what you mentioned before posting the issue. If you noticed the note field above "Address" the concatenate works. However, if you create the survey and open it in the mobile app, the concatenate on the "addgeo" field (which has the geocode appearance) on it will auto-populate the address and allow it to be passed to the map for geolocation of the address. However, it will not work in the browser. 

This is a problem since most of the people filling out the survey will be on a computer at home or work. I did have it set up where it would concatenate the address and then they would have to use a map to locate their address. However, most people did not use the map and we ended up with a lot of surveys at (0,0).  I am trying to make use of this new aspect so our survey location would be automatically geocoded to their concatenated address for QC/QA. 

0 Kudos
alison_gou
Esri Contributor

Hi @scjackson ,

Thanks for your reply and now I get more to better understand your context.

There is an internal discussion going on for this issue. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Would keep this thread updated if a conclusion is made.

Regards,

Alison

0 Kudos
alison_gou
Esri Contributor

Hi @scjackson ,

It turned out there has been an issue for the same requirement already.  Web app is planned to support taking calculation as input for geocoding question ideally at the end of Oct. Please re-test your question then.

Regards,

Alison

0 Kudos
scjackson
New Contributor II

Hello @alison_gou

I just want to clarify, is it the windows web app or the browser. From my testing, the web app worked, the browser did not

0 Kudos
alison_gou
Esri Contributor

Browser, and it means this is reproducible when we access survey via an url similar to https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/0293d8c55e3e414bac6d9f17666bceae

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SCJones ,

This issue has been fixed with an update to the Survey123 website today. Thanks again for your feedback.

scjackson
New Contributor II

Thank you for letting me know. I tested it this morning and it works beautifully.

0 Kudos