"updateFields": [
{
"layerUrl": "https://...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @EddyClark,

We can confirm that this issue was introduced in Connect 3.16.106 and occurs when the question label does not match the field alias in the feature layer. 

The Survey123 team is working on a fix for this now, and we will update this thread with any updates regarding the fix. In the meantime the best workaround is the one already identified in this thread, which is to enter the field alias into the bind::esri:fieldAlias column.

Thank you,
- Barbara

View solution in original post

24 Replies
ErikHerbergMETC
New Contributor III

Same issue here. This just started happening. I can't update and republish any of my forms now. 

I'm guessing it's related to the recent update because I was republishing using a submission_url just fine as recently as last week.

Update November 7, 2022

This update includes changes to Survey123 Connect, the Survey123 field app and web app, and the Survey123 website.

Survey123 Connect (version 3.16.106)

Fixed a bug in which some publishing errors were not displayed when using a submission URL.

0 Kudos
sth_eagle
New Contributor II

Likewise, we have struck the same issue. The survey was working fine yesterday, then the user came back from lunch and started having this problem.

0 Kudos
MadisonCounty1
New Contributor

Same here.  The issue started after our MS store app updated to 3.16.106.  

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

My teammates ran into this the other day. They figured out it was because there was a mismatch between the field aliases for the feature service and the Survey123 label values. Their workaround was to put  the aliases as they appear in the feature service in the bind::esri:fieldAlias column. 

FYI @Ismael 

- Jen
MadisonCounty1
New Contributor

Thanks, workaround did the trick.

ErikHerbergMETC
New Contributor III

Worked for me as well, thanks! I've never used the bind::esri:fieldAlias column before, so I just plugged in the aliases into that column and then I was able to republish again.

I did a bit of experimenting and found that it wasn't needed for all "type"s, but I didn't do enough testing to figure out the exact pattern. For example, I noticed I had to fill in the bind::esri:fieldAlias column for text and select_one type questions, but I didn't for other types, including calculate, start, end, deviceid, and hidden. But I just filled in bind::esri:fieldAlias for everything included in my feature layer just to be safe. 

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @EddyClark,

We can confirm that this issue was introduced in Connect 3.16.106 and occurs when the question label does not match the field alias in the feature layer. 

The Survey123 team is working on a fix for this now, and we will update this thread with any updates regarding the fix. In the meantime the best workaround is the one already identified in this thread, which is to enter the field alias into the bind::esri:fieldAlias column.

Thank you,
- Barbara

Mikaila
New Contributor

Hi Barbara, I am having the same issue, with many forms that report to a single feature service.  

Will you please update this thread when the issue is resolved? I am downgrading to 3.14 until this issue is resolved. Thanks!

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

A fix for this will be included in the Survey123 3.16 December update, which is currently planned to be released on December 6.

The fix can be tested in the most recent Connect release candidate build, which is available in the Early Adopter Community.

@EddyClark @sth_eagle @MadisonCounty1 @JenniferAcunto @JasonJordan00 @ErikHerbergMETC @ctgb_Caleb_Smith @Nabaz @Mikaila