Feature Layer created from Survey not showing data in AGOL

Jump to solution
08-14-2022 01:39 PM
VicFerguson
New Contributor

Hi all! I just created a survey123 through connect and published it with no errors. However, while i see my dummy data showing up in survey123 website, it does not show up when i open the feature layer in map viewer on AGOL. I try to open the table in AGOL but am presented an error that says "cannot access data".

I have made several surveys before and have no idea what is breaking it. Currently, I have no other surveys within this organization that could possibly be interfering with this one. Additionally, I did not rename or move any of the contents in/out of the automatically created folder. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@VicFerguson

Please refer to the update below (from an ArcGIS Survey123 Product Engineer) which I have shared with other community members:

This was an intentional change made with the 3.14. Unless the Inbox is enabled or editing Sent surveys is enabled on initial publish, Survey123 Connect will disable query on the feature services. This was done to provide users with the most secure data implementation and allow them to open their data up as they see fit. What we were seeing in the past was users were publishing surveys from Connect and immediately sharing them publicly not knowing that their data was open to the public for querying. With the current implementation users will need to make the decision in how their data is shared and who has access to it.

We also have this documented in our documentation with a workflow to resolve the issue: Known issues

In short, please refer to the Editor settings for the feature layer and modify as you require

editors.JPG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ScottBrown1
New Contributor III

Hello,

This may seem strange, but try opening the page in a different web browser before you go too crazy into it. This has been an issue for me several times in the past. I bounce between Microsoft edge and google chrome. 

Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@VicFerguson

Please refer to the update below (from an ArcGIS Survey123 Product Engineer) which I have shared with other community members:

This was an intentional change made with the 3.14. Unless the Inbox is enabled or editing Sent surveys is enabled on initial publish, Survey123 Connect will disable query on the feature services. This was done to provide users with the most secure data implementation and allow them to open their data up as they see fit. What we were seeing in the past was users were publishing surveys from Connect and immediately sharing them publicly not knowing that their data was open to the public for querying. With the current implementation users will need to make the decision in how their data is shared and who has access to it.

We also have this documented in our documentation with a workflow to resolve the issue: Known issues

In short, please refer to the Editor settings for the feature layer and modify as you require

editors.JPG

VicFerguson
New Contributor

Life Saver. Thanks so much!

NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

I ran into the same issue, where I couldn't preview survey123 hosted layer in Web Map Viewer. Unless I changed that setting 'What features can edits see?". However, once I try to open the hosted layer in the Web Map viewer my survey123 seems to be 'corrupted', I can no longer submit any surveys, and get an error below. I am trying to understand why is that happening and is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

NataliyaLys_0-1671744040430.png

0 Kudos