Discrete Choice Experiment in Survey123

08-30-2021 05:58 AM
mettegreve
New Contributor III

For app, I solved it by using grids and w-parameter, but for the web form I'm still struggling.

I'm looking for input on how to create a discrete choice experiment in Survey123 web form. See top of page 2 and 3 of this article for more clarification: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0894439319885317

It should look something like this:

mettegreve_0-1630910573116.png

From Street, D. J., Burgess, L., Louviere, J. J. (2005). Quick and easy choice sets: Constructing optimal and nearly optimal stated choice experiments. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 22, 459470. doi:10.1016/j.ijresmar.2005.09.003

So basically it is two combinations of six attributes with between 2 and 10 possibilities, that should be presented to the user, so he can choose one combination over the other.

I can probably get the allowed combinations in a csv-file and then would have to draw two distinct combinations randomly, but I'm also looking for a nice way to present the two combinations next to each other.

4 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Sorry but i cant access Page 2 / 3 of the article. Can you maybe show what you are trying to achieve by giving an example?

0 Kudos
mettegreve
New Contributor III

I found out how to do it by using grids and the w-parameter, sorry the article was locked.

0 Kudos
hoshijun
New Contributor II

Do you mind sharing how you did it? Searching for an answer as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos
mettegreve
New Contributor III

We didn't solve it for the web form and couldn't ask our respondents to download an app, so we ended up incorporating the forms as images and then radiobutttons to select. I did find a solution for the app, but I don't have it anymore as we had to go with the web option.

0 Kudos