Changes to Survey123 connector in Power Automate?

Jump to solution
02-02-2023 05:07 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - 

I needed to update a flow in Power Automate this morning and was receiving some weird errors that prevented me from saving the flow. Then I noticed that the Survey123 connector was different and requires these parameters now:

erica_poisson_0-1675343063345.png

I am worried that this change will break any flow which contains the Survey123 connector. Can anyone shed light on the impact this will/will not have on existing flows? @SeanKMcGinnis  tagging in case you have insights.

Thank you,

Erica
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @erica_poisson,

The Survey123 connector was updated to add an action for creating reports. If you edit a previously created flow you will need to manually set the new parameters in order to save the flow. The defaults values for all of the new parameters is 'Yes.' Existing flows will continue to run without interuption, it is just when the flow is edited that the new parameters need to be added.

Thanks,
- Barbara

View solution in original post

16 Replies
KhemAryal
New Contributor III

@erica_poisson I had the same issue. I changed all to 'Yes' and everything working fine. No issue on the flow yet.

erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

All of my existing flows using this connector, which I have not edited today, seem to still be running fine. It seems like something we will need to adjust if/when we edit existing flows or make new flows.

Erica
0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @erica_poisson,

The Survey123 connector was updated to add an action for creating reports. If you edit a previously created flow you will need to manually set the new parameters in order to save the flow. The defaults values for all of the new parameters is 'Yes.' Existing flows will continue to run without interuption, it is just when the flow is edited that the new parameters need to be added.

Thanks,
- Barbara

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I've gone in to edit some existing webhooks, and tried creating a new one, and I'm finding that it's not populating the list of surveys dynamically? Which means it's not populating any of the dynamic content either. Are others experiencing this since the update too or am I missing something?

EDIT: I just read Ishmael's post about this and saw his note that you'll need to set up a new connection to avoid this issue at this point. I have then got it to show me the list of surveys in the existing webhook, no dynamic content, but then I also get an error so I can't save.

RobertAnderson3_0-1675780236588.png

Creating a new webhook from scratch seems to work though, just not editing an existing.

0 Kudos
KhemAryal
New Contributor III

I suggest to go to the 'Connection' from 'Data' menu. Click on  3 dots beside it and select Switch Account. It will prompt you to sign in. Once you sign in or allow connection. you will see the surveys populated. I hope this solves your problem

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Unfortunately that did not, was the first thing I tried. I think the update to the connector for the reports broke something.

I created a new connection and it populated, but using it in an existing survey things still aren't acting quite right it seems. I ended up rebuilding the two I needed today from scratch.

Thank you though!

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RobertAnderson3,

If you have other existing flows that were originally created from a Power Automat template, removing the 'When a survey is submitted' module and readding it will resolve the error and resolve the dynamic content issue. Removing the module will mean you will have to re-add dynamic content 'downstream' in the flow, but will avoid having to completely rebuild the flow. 

- Barbara

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you guys looking into a resolution to prevent the need to do this?

For most of my flows the re-adding of dynamic content and completely rebuilding the flow feel essentially the same, and if having to edit them at all results in this, that's a lot of extra work being created.

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

@RobertAnderson3 Yes, as Ismael's post mentioned, we are looking into this issue. 

0 Kudos