Change military time display in record table

11-08-2018 01:26 PM
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am building my first survey with Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS. I want a "Crew Start Time" and "Crew End Time" field, which I have successfully added to the survey. 

It looks like when the data is displayed in the data table, it is automatically entered in military time. Is there a way to change this format so that it says AM or PM?

Thanks for any help!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Katherine,

Have you taken a look at the following geonet blog post?

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/04/17/dates-and-time-in-survey123-for-arcgis 

It might be helpful for you.  Afer some testing on my end, I have not been able to create an "AM" or "PM" value that would show up in your table when only using a time question.  When using a dateTime field though, the field value in AGOL will display a non-military time with AM or PM.

I would recommend opening a ticket with Esri Support to perhaps log an enhancement.

Best,

Marisa

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Marisa,

Thank you so much for your response! I did look at that blog post, but I hadn't tried using the dateTime field type since I only wanted to time to post in that field. However, I'll look into that a bit more and play around with it, thanks for the suggestion! 

Best,

Katherine

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Miguel-Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

Any update on this?

Miguel Fernandez