Can't submit photo in survey123 when using browser with Portal 10.8.1

Jump to solution
05-26-2022 12:08 AM
lxd
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

We are having problems when using Survey123 in browser and submitting a photo. Photo does not get saved to the feature service. 

If we use the app, no issues, photo gets saved and can be viewed.

The survey in Portal, version 10.8.1. Googling did not show any similar errors or bugs. The survey is publicly share for simplicity of use, so browser might be preferred option (as no need to download the app). 

Image below is the data view of the feature service that survey uses. Some attachments are no there (shows as zero), however survey has photo as a compulsory field.

2022-05-26 17_01_04-FDR Sign Capture.png

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RosemaryHatch
New Contributor III

I ran into this issue a few weeks ago - it seems like it happens if the user isn't logged in to portal. To get around it I had to go into the settings on the feature layer and allow Update Attributes and geometry. 

There may be a better way, it was just a rushed project that needed to be fixed that day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sosero
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@lxd ,

I tested your workflow, where I had to submit few images for my survey question, and all Images appear to be present in my feature layer. Could you open a ticket with out team to Investigate further what is causing your survey to behave so? 

sosero_0-1653575122306.png

0 Kudos
RosemaryHatch
New Contributor III

I ran into this issue a few weeks ago - it seems like it happens if the user isn't logged in to portal. To get around it I had to go into the settings on the feature layer and allow Update Attributes and geometry. 

There may be a better way, it was just a rushed project that needed to be fixed that day.

lxd
by
New Contributor III

thanks for your reply. We had only "add" in the settings for the feature layer. I have updated it now to include "Update" as well and now it works. 

2022-05-27 06_41_00-Clipboard.png

0 Kudos