Can't Sign In with Survey123

Jump to solution
07-09-2018 01:57 PM
MarkNorbury2
New Contributor III

I'm using Survey123 Connect 3.0 with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1. When I click the link in the top right corner to 'Sign In' nothing happens. Survey123 Connect just doesn't respond.

If I open one of my surveys and try the similar link in the bottom left corner to 'Sign In' again nothing happens.

If I change over to my ArcGIS Online portal and then try the Sign In link, still nothing happens.  It's not working with any of my portals.

These links were working OK in the previous version of Survey123. I upgraded to 3.0 on 6th July 2018 shortly after it was released.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

How many Portals do all of you use? This may be an issue with storage of sign-in credentials, added in 3.0; every sign in credential gets added to the Windows Credential Manager, and if it ends up storing too many of these credentials, the sign in can fail to open.

If this is the case, then it can be solved by deleting all of the Survey123Connect entries within Windows Credential Manager, which can be accessed through the Control Panel.

View solution in original post

33 Replies
AndrewMcClary1
New Contributor II

I'm encountering the same problem. Survey123 Connect 3.0 works normally on most of the computers in my office but on one clicking sign in doesn't cause anything to happen. Survey123 Connect classic works fine on this computer and  Survey123 Connect was working until I upgraded to 3.0 this morning. Everything else seems normal with Survey123 Connect 3.0, it just doesn't do anything when I try to log on. 

ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mark and Andrew,

We've received this exact issue in another Geonet discussion yesterday, and are still trying to diagnose the problem.

Can you both give us details of your affected machines? We still haven't confirmed what could actually be causing the problem, and any information we can get would be helpful.

MarkNorbury2
New Contributor III

I'm using Survey123 Connect 3.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Std 64 bit.  My ArcGIS Enterprise is on a different machine and is using Integrated Windows Authentication, federated and with a hosting server.

It also doesn't work with ArcGIS Online, which is an organisational account that I am an administrator in.

0 Kudos
AndrewMcClary1
New Contributor II

I'm using Survey123 Connect 3.0 on Windows 7 64 bit. Just to make it more complicated I tried logging on and installing it on the administrator account for the same computer and it works fine with that account. The other two computers I've tested it on work without being logged on with the admin account.   

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Mark

As Claire mentioned I am seeing the same issues

https://community.esri.com/thread/217510-survey123-connect-sign-in-issue 

ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

How many Portals do all of you use? This may be an issue with storage of sign-in credentials, added in 3.0; every sign in credential gets added to the Windows Credential Manager, and if it ends up storing too many of these credentials, the sign in can fail to open.

If this is the case, then it can be solved by deleting all of the Survey123Connect entries within Windows Credential Manager, which can be accessed through the Control Panel.

ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Thats it!

Fixed it for me.  Thanks Claire.

AndrewMcClary1
New Contributor II

Fixed it for me as well! Thanks Claire.

MarkNorbury2
New Contributor III

I only have two portals, one to Portal and the other to ArcGIS Online.  I've not used Survey123 Connect beta.

I've deleted the entries for Survey123 Connect within Windows Credential Manager and am now able to sign in again.

Thanks, Claire.

0 Kudos