Automatic download of field app

Jump to solution
09-28-2021 08:11 AM
PrachiPatel
New Contributor III

On my organization's web page, I am including a survey 123 link that only opens in the field app. Is there a way in which the submitter, who does not have the field app already downloaded, is automatically directed to the 'download field app' page or where clicking on the link automatically triggers downloading of the field app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Once you get to the screen in the second image, you should be able to copy and paste that URL into your organization's web page and then people that don't have an AGOL account will be able to follow that link and either click the "Open the survey in the field app" button or the "Download" button, which will take them to the "download field app" page. As far as I know there isn't a way for the download to start automatically though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Prachi,

If you go to your survey form item in AGOL and select the Open in Survey123/Open in Survey123 app option, you will be directed to a page that includes an option to download the field app. Is that what you're looking for?

Thanks,
-Barbara 

BarbaraWebster1_1-1632862034939.png

BarbaraWebster1_0-1632861899856.png

0 Kudos
PrachiPatel
New Contributor III

Thanks Barbara. Unfortunately I am looking for a way where a user that does not have an ESRI or AGOL account, and also does not have the field app downloaded to be able to click on the survey link where the field app gets downloaded automatically, or user gets directed to the 'download field app' page. Do you know if that is possible?

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Once you get to the screen in the second image, you should be able to copy and paste that URL into your organization's web page and then people that don't have an AGOL account will be able to follow that link and either click the "Open the survey in the field app" button or the "Download" button, which will take them to the "download field app" page. As far as I know there isn't a way for the download to start automatically though.

0 Kudos