Appearance for style "Pages theme-grid" not working with repeat sections Survey123

Jump to solution
12-08-2021 08:51 AM
AnaDeniston
New Contributor III

Hey all, 

I am having a hard time figuring out why my form is not accepting the format of "pages theme-grid" when I use the repeat sections. The image below shows how it is the appearance of one of the sections I create. 
I have attached the survey below (It is a pretty long survey). 

I have tried creating a group inside the repeat and outside of it, changing the appearance, and many other things. 

Anyone that could help me?

AnaDeniston_0-1638981920460.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnaDeniston
New Contributor III

The solution was to write the appearance for each repeat w9:9. 

from esri support: "Please keep in mind that when working with nested groups and repeats in grid theme surveys, you need to specify not only how many columns you want for questions within a group, but also what you want the span of the group to be within its containing group. This is accomplished through the following syntax: w<columns>:<span>. Please see Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Groups, Grids and Pages and Appearance—ArcGIS Survey123 for more information about this."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FranciscoAndrade1
Occasional Contributor

Try the following. 

2021-12-08_14-56-19.png

Hope it works

0 Kudos
AndyMcClary
New Contributor III

I took a quick look at your form and I think the issue is the appearance value for your page group. At the moment it's field-list w9. If you change that to just field-list and then create a group immediately inside your repeat with an appearance of w9 that should work. So:

AndyMcClary_1-1639004362088.png

Rather than:

AndyMcClary_0-1639004313253.png

I attached an updated version of the xlsx that's working on my system.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
AnaDeniston
New Contributor III

The solution was to write the appearance for each repeat w9:9. 

from esri support: "Please keep in mind that when working with nested groups and repeats in grid theme surveys, you need to specify not only how many columns you want for questions within a group, but also what you want the span of the group to be within its containing group. This is accomplished through the following syntax: w<columns>:<span>. Please see Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Groups, Grids and Pages and Appearance—ArcGIS Survey123 for more information about this."

0 Kudos