Annotate different web maps in single survey?

08-03-2022 10:32 PM
COSPNWGuy
Occasional Contributor II

Simple question. I'd like to build a survey that allows users to annotate different maps (pre-built web maps with different layers), based on their answer to a previous question. Is this workflow possible? If so, how? It seems like you can only annotate image questions, and while you can define the body::esri:style method as "map", you can't define what map to use.

4 Replies
m3
by

In the documentation for body::esri:style it says you can use

map=mapID

It also says you can use multiple methods in body::esri:style such as 

backgroundColor="red" borderColor="blue"

However in practice it does not seem to work with 

method=camera,browse,map map=mapID

or any other combination.

It causes some sort of undisclosed error that loads none of your linked basemaps or defaults the the ESRI Topo or whatever the default map is.  You can also load other ESRI basemaps.

Seems like a bug or perhaps they haven't implemented multiple body::esri:styles for annotations.

If you just use 
method=camera,browse,map

the user can choose the basemap from the basemap gallery button

HTH

0 Kudos
COSPNWGuy

Tagging @IsmaelChivite, Survey123 legend for any advice on this one.

0 Kudos
m3
by

I also noticed that eventually all custom basemaps stop loading eventually (after the 3rd or 4th time) unless you force quit S123 and restart it.  Probably not the kind of workflow you would want to instruct field crews on.   

That could be all that's going on in my first reply, that the maps just eventually don't load.

0 Kudos
m3
by

@IsmaelChivite

Wondering if there's any help on this.  Different maps still aren't behaving properly.

0 Kudos