Address type question in web designer

01-17-2022 01:51 AM
WillvanHeerden
New Contributor II

Hello all

I was compiling a survey using the web designer and added an "Address" type question. I then set a rule to only show this question if a respondent selects "Yes" to a preceding question. However, when I preview/publish the survey the "Address" type refuses to adhere to the rule as well as the any other questions set to a rule following the "Address" type question. I replaced the "Address" question with a single line text and set the rule. This solved the problem but this increases the likelihood of error when collecting this information.

Has anyone encountered this and if so, have you solved the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Will

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

A little more information will help with an answer. My experience suggests that a file is not where it is expected to be or some default setting has changed a path expected by the web app.

From where does the "Address" information come - list from the choices tab in XLSForm spreadsheet? external CSV file?  If from CSV, is the path correct now that it has been published - is the published form looking for the CSV file from a default folder on the server?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@WillvanHeerden   Good catch. This is a software defect. When using Survey123 web designer, conditional visibility rules are ignored by the address question.  Animation below shows how to repro.

I will send this to the dev team. However, you may want to open an official Esri Tech Support case for visibility.

IssueVisibility.gif

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Now logged as BUG-000143301 and scheduled for resolution with version 3.14

@WillvanHeerden 

0 Kudos
DerekPhyn
Occasional Contributor

Hi @WillvanHeerden and @IsmaelChivite , I am having a similar issue that set rules will not work if there is a new address geolocator (Sep 2021 release) type question either before or after the rules. The Dec 2021 release claims this bug has been fixed (What’s new in ArcGIS Survey123 (December 2021) (esri.com)) if it is before the set rules but I have cleared my browsing history and rebuilt the survey's to find the issue still persists regardless of where the address question lies in the form. I am currently liaising with NZ tech support about the issue.

0 Kudos