Unable to edit location in storymap?

Jump to solution
01-08-2023 07:14 AM
Labels (2)
ACICACIC
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm new to esri so forgive me if I am not using the correct terminology!

I am trying to create a map tour (the unguided version without the numbers) and I can't seem to edit the location of points one I first enter them? I type in the address and click done, but nothing changes in the map. Additionally, when I try to edit the location of another point, it remembers where I last searched and starts zoomed in there but there is no point there.

I am quite confused and would appreciate any advice anyone has...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @ACICACIC ,

If you are editing an existing point, searching for an address will navigate your map to that location, but it will not change the existing point.

The easiest way to alter that point without having to drag and drop the existing point is to click on the existing point on the map, and select the trash icon to delete the existing point. This way, when you search an address and zoom to that location, you can click the Add to Map button to add the point in the exact searched location. 

Let me know if you have further questions here.

Best,

Abby

63A9070E-F964-40A5-AE2B-29C0081CD118.jpeg

AA3041D5-B62B-4C01-BBC4-717FCF59E449.jpeg

  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @ACICACIC ,

If you are editing an existing point, searching for an address will navigate your map to that location, but it will not change the existing point.

The easiest way to alter that point without having to drag and drop the existing point is to click on the existing point on the map, and select the trash icon to delete the existing point. This way, when you search an address and zoom to that location, you can click the Add to Map button to add the point in the exact searched location. 

Let me know if you have further questions here.

Best,

Abby

63A9070E-F964-40A5-AE2B-29C0081CD118.jpeg

AA3041D5-B62B-4C01-BBC4-717FCF59E449.jpeg