Trouble Creating a New Page

Jump to solution
03-21-2023 09:35 AM
Labels (2)
JessieMickus
New Contributor

I am trying to create a new page for my content but can't find a way to create a new page. And when I looked it up to see how to do it said to go to the side panel and click the page button but I am not even seeing that as an option on my mac and was wondering how to remedy this issue. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @JessieMickus! I'm sorry you ran into trouble starting your first story.

I'm not sure which resource you were using for help, but there isn't a way to create separate pages in ArcGIS StoryMaps. Each story is a single page and you can keep adding content to the bottom (or anywhere in the middle) to add to the story. When you press ENTER to add a new paragraph or move the mouse around the story, you should see a green (+) button that you click to add images, maps, and other types of content.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 4.28.50 PM.jpg

There are a lot of resources on our website to help you get started. Please check them out here:
Learn How to Be a Storyteller | ArcGIS StoryMaps Resources, Blog, Help (esri.com)

In particular, it might be good to start with these two, which walk you through some of the basics of working with the story builder and utilizing its different storytelling features.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @JessieMickus! I'm sorry you ran into trouble starting your first story.

I'm not sure which resource you were using for help, but there isn't a way to create separate pages in ArcGIS StoryMaps. Each story is a single page and you can keep adding content to the bottom (or anywhere in the middle) to add to the story. When you press ENTER to add a new paragraph or move the mouse around the story, you should see a green (+) button that you click to add images, maps, and other types of content.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 4.28.50 PM.jpg

There are a lot of resources on our website to help you get started. Please check them out here:
Learn How to Be a Storyteller | ArcGIS StoryMaps Resources, Blog, Help (esri.com)

In particular, it might be good to start with these two, which walk you through some of the basics of working with the story builder and utilizing its different storytelling features.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps