Storymaps cover mask is darker than usual sometimes

Jump to solution
01-07-2023 04:04 PM
ViDi
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

We are working in a team on a common Storymap. My colleague created a Storymap and its full page cover (we uploaded a png as a cover media) has a mask on a whole picture. However, when I tried to create a new Storymap with the same file, but on another computer, the mask was only on the first half of it (directly under the text, I'll call it further "good option"). We noticed that in preview of the test project good option can be seen only when full screen appearance is selected.

Minimal cover is not preferable solution. So I am wondering if there is any possibility to make mask smaller in the existing Storymap project (it is still unpublished) for all viewing modes?

I will appreciate all suggestions. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello @ViDi ,

There is not a way to alter the masking levels on the Full cover layout. If you want to remove that effect on the photo altogether, I would recommend trying out the Side-by-side or Minimal cover designs.

If having the title on top of your image in the cover is a priority, I'd suggest you add a post to our ArcGIS StoryMaps Ideas page recommending customizable masking on the full cover for future releases.

Best,

Abby

1356B79E-A4BA-4216-8AA5-C98B2C9F487C.jpeg2C910EEC-1E18-47F9-94A0-F1D55E9A17ED.jpeg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello @ViDi ,

There is not a way to alter the masking levels on the Full cover layout. If you want to remove that effect on the photo altogether, I would recommend trying out the Side-by-side or Minimal cover designs.

If having the title on top of your image in the cover is a priority, I'd suggest you add a post to our ArcGIS StoryMaps Ideas page recommending customizable masking on the full cover for future releases.

Best,

Abby

1356B79E-A4BA-4216-8AA5-C98B2C9F487C.jpeg2C910EEC-1E18-47F9-94A0-F1D55E9A17ED.jpeg

ViDi
by
New Contributor II

Hello Abby,

Thank you for your response, we will consider adding this suggestion to forum. Meanwhile I suppose we have to stay with full cover with full mask.

Best wishes,
Diana

0 Kudos
cpags01
New Contributor

Unfortunately your suggestion of "use the other options" isn't really a solution.  Esri should give the ability to turn this off or on, or just remove it all together.  If I'm creating the graphic, and uploading it, it should be WYSWYG based on the design for the cover I put together, not what Esri thinks it should look like.